Acceptable Use Policy
The RocketCloud Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) sets out the rules and guidelines for using our Services.
Last modified: August 1, 2016
The RocketCloud Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) sets out the rules and guidelines for using our Services. Using our Services requires common sense, and
- you agree not to use the Services in ways that violate the law, harm other people or our network, or breach Internet community standards.
- you agree not to use the Services to enable others to do those things.
We have set out specific prohibited activities in the AUP. However, because the nature of what is acceptable use of the Internet is constantly evolving, we reserve the right to make changes to the AUP at any time. We agree to provide you with notice of material changes, and if they have a negative material effect on your ability to use the Services you may terminate your Agreement with us without any additional fees.
The AUP is an integral part of the RocketCloud Terms of Service (TOS). You agree to maintain your account and website in full compliance with the TOS and the AUP.
By using any Service provided by RocketCloud:
- You agree that you will not violate any applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, rules or any requirements of any applicable Federal, Provincial, national or local government or any applicable regulator.
- If you use the Services to transmit email, you must do so responsibly. You agree not to transmit any unsolicited commercial or bulk email. You will not engage in any activity known or considered to be spamming or mail bombing.
- You agree not to make any inappropriate communication to any newsgroup, mailing list, chat facility, or another internet forum.
- You agree not to make, attempt or allow any unauthorized access to RocketCloud’s website, servers, your own hosting account or the account of any other RocketCloud Customer.
- You agree not to allow any remote code execution of malicious software through the hosting account provided by RocketCloud.
- You agree not to cause denial of service attacks, port scans or other endangering and invasive procedures against RocketCloud servers and facilities or the servers and facilities of other network hosts or Internet users.
- You may not place excessive burdens on our, or the providers of Third Party Services’, CPUs, servers or other resources or interfere with the Services we provide to other Customers. You may not use excessive bandwidth or data transfer. If your Services are unmetered, and your use of them exceeds the use of the Services by similarly situated customers, we may offer to move you to a metered plan. If you refuse to move to a metered plan, we may place restrictions on your use of the Services until your use corresponds with that of similarly situated customers. If the Order sets out an amount of data transfer or number of visitors, you agree not to exceed this amount. If you do, and we choose not to limit your use of the Services, your data transfer or visitors over the contracted amount will be billed at our then-current rate.
- You agree not to forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person or engage in any activity (including ‘spoofing’) to attempt to deceive other persons regarding the true identity of the User (excluding the use of anonymous remailers or Internet nicknames).
- You agree not to use or cause the Services to store or process sensitive or otherwise regulated personally-identifiable information such as protected health information, protected cardholder data (including, but not limited to, credit or debit card data), or other financial data (such as bank account details). You acknowledge and agree RocketCloud cannot be responsible for any liabilities arising from your violation of this restriction.
- You agree that you will not use the account provided by RocketCloud for storing any data if it is copyrighted and you are not the owner of the copyright. This includes but is not limited to copyrighted music or video files, copyrighted software, etc.
- You agree that you will not use RocketCloud services to host any website, other content, links or advertisements of websites that:
- infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party information;
- profess hatred for particular social, ethnical, religious or other group;
- contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of a computer or a person's property;
- contain Illegal or Hacking/Phreaking Software (Warez);
- contain any software that is copyrighted and not freely available for distribution without cost. This includes, but is not limited to ROMs, ROM Emulators and Mpeg Layer 3 files (MP3);
- contain any kind of proxy server or other traffic relaying programs;
- promote money making schemes, multi-level marketing or similar activities;
- contain Torrent trackers, Torrent Portals or similar software;
- are with adult content, pornographic, obscene, unlawfully harassing, or connected with child abuse or sex-related merchandising;
- are violent or encouraging violence.
Examples of unacceptable materials on all RocketCloud servers include:
IRC Bots, Proxy Scripts, Warez, image, filedump, mirror, or banner-ad services (similar to rapidshare, photobucket, or commercial banner ad rotation), topsites, commercial audio streaming, Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or related sites, Investment sites, sale of any controlled substances without providing proof of appropriate permit(s) in advance, AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, lottery sites, muds / rpg's, hate sites, hacking focused sites/archives/programs, or sites promoting illegal activities, IP Scanners, Brute Force Programs, Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts. Forum sites and or any other websites that distribute or link to warez content are strictly prohibited as well.
Any material that in our reasonable opinion is either obscene or threatening is strictly prohibited and will be removed from our servers immediately without prior notice.
By using our services you also agree not to engage in or to instigate actions that cause harm to RocketCloud or other RocketCloud customers. It is your responsibility to ensure that your hosting account will not be used to, engage in or to instigate actions that cause harm to RocketCloud or other RocketCloud customers. Such actions include, but are not limited to, actions resulting in blacklisting any RocketCloud IPs by the any online spam database, actions resulting in DOS attacks for any RocketCloud server, etc.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that all programs and scripts installed on your account are secure and the permissions of the directories and files are set properly. We recommend that you set the permissions on all directories and files to be as restrictive as possible. You are solely responsible for any actions and activity on your account, including any compromise of login credentials. You agree to keep all your login credentials secure at any time. We reserve the right to carry out regular audits to determine the security level of login credentials. In case we consider your credentials are not secure enough, we will either notify you and set a timeframe for updating them or we will change the login credentials and provide them to you. We may suspend access to your hosting account until you update your login credentials with more secure ones.
RocketCloud cannot and shall not provide legal advice referring to the contents of your account and its performance. All information, articles, tutorials and tech support advice are provided in good faith and do not constitute official requirements, regulations or statements. You shall be solely responsible for verifying whether the content of your account complies with any specific legal act or provision. RocketCloud shall not be liable in the event that any part of your account violates any law or regulation.
You acknowledge and agree that RocketCloud has the sole right to decide what constitutes a violation of the AUP as well as what is the appropriate severity of any corrective action to be applied. If any part of your account is found to violate the AUP, we may take immediate corrective action without prior warning, including immediate account suspension, deletion of content from your account or account termination with no refund. RocketCloud shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from our measures taken against actions causing harm to RocketCloud or any other third party.
You understand and agree that in case your account is suspended for violation of the AUP, we may ask for a re-activation fee ($50.00). We will obtain your consent prior to charging you any fees.
We reserve the right to terminate any hosting account that has been suspended for violation of the AUP or the TOS. Backup copies will not be available for terminated accounts.